…is dedicated to helping people…
…BE FREE FROM MIND-SETS THAT HOLD BACK their full powers of communication and replace those mind-sets with self-confident skills and can-do optimism.
…BE FREE TO SING so that they—and others—connect to the expressive power of music and language joined.
…BE FREE TO SPEAK persuasively and authentically so that audiences of any size will listen closely and react with an I’ll-do-it connection.
…BE FREE TO TALK with other people comfortably and engagingly so that they will want to talk with you again.
…HAVE HEALTHY, STRONG, EXPRESSIVE VOICES.
THE GOAL HERE is to help people enjoy…
- becoming competent (with expanded understanding)
- resilient self-confidence and self-reliance
- good doses of humor and laughter
- human-to-human connectedness
[Just so you know, the vocal abilities and voice knowledge that people learn here, are grounded in:
- evidence-based voice knowledge (based in the voice and voice medicine sciences) and...
- human compatible learning and teaching* (based in the neural, psychological, and biological sciences--with a spotlight on the broaden-and-build effects of positive emotion feelings **)]
* Term adapted by Dr. Leon Thurman to express the whole-human-beingness of learning and teaching. It was derived from “brain compatible learning,” created by the late Leslie Hart, Human Brain and Human Learning, 1983. For more info, click on The VoiceCare Network link for Bodymind and Voice: Foundations of Voice Education (see Book I).
** The Broaden-and-Build Theory of Positive Emotions was developed by Dr. Barbara Fredrickson, Kenan Distinguished Professor of Psychology and founder and Director of the Positive Emotions Psychophysiological Lab, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, [ www.unc.edu/peplab ]. The term emotion feelings was coined by Dr. Carroll Izard, Professor of Psychology, University of Delaware, Newark, DE.